General Position Summary:
Event planners are an integral part of our team to ensure successful and beneficial events. They are the event leader for select events which include meetings, workshops, conferences, and special events.
VentureCapital.Org organizes and executes 2-3 regional events per month along with a distinguished venture capital conference annually. Event planners are essential to grow our organizations’ brand awareness which optimizes future business opportunities for us.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Plan and execute all technical, communication, event, and meeting logistics
- Collaborate with marketing and product management teams in developing and executing events
- Manage event service providers, sponsors and outside resources
- Manage and orchestrate presenters, mentors, and all other relevant parties
- Manage internal communications, pre-show meetings, catering and on-site management
- Coordinate staff, meeting scheduling, conference rooms and hotel block reservations
- Provide timely event debriefs and written summaries
- Oversee event budgets to ensure sound forecasting, spending, and reporting
- Relevant Major, must be a senior, graduate student or graduate within the last 12 months.
- Ability to effectively plan events from beginning to end including strong budget monitoring/compliance skills and exceptional negotiating and conflict-resolution skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and cross-functional teams with superior organization skills.
- Ability to work against tight deadlines and achieve on-time deliverables.
- Strengths include detail-orientation, dependability, maturity and flexibility.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work on projects independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to support key personnel including senior executives.
- Ability to take initiative and have a desire to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- High level of professionalism and ability to take a creative problem solving approach when under pressure or as challenges arise.
Hours: depends on schedule and credit hour needs
To apply, please submit your resume and an email telling us why you would like to be a part of the VentureCapital.org team. Please email Jennifer Meyer at href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>email@example.com.