VentureCapital.org Internship Program
Investor Liaison Program Outline
VentureCapital.org’s (VCO) Cooperative Venturing Internship Program is looking for individuals who are seeking hands on experience in working with startups and early stage angel and VC investors. The internship presents interns with the opportunity to build credibility and a network within the regional investment and startup community. In working with the VCO, interns will gain exposure to emerging executives, institutional investors, service provider organizations, angel investors, and learn the nuances of business commercialization. We strongly encourage all majors to apply, even those without academic or professional business experience.
Interns serve several functions including:
- Reviewing submitted business summaries to analyze and identify potential high growth businesses
- Contacting top applicants for further research
- Administering mentoring teams consisting of investors, service providers, and high potential entrepreneurs
- Aiding entrepreneurs in investor relations
- Networking with regional business elite
This position requires a minimum time commitment of 3 hours per week. Interns are expected to attend, in person or virtual, a 2 hour meeting per week. Additional time outside of these meetings may be required for follow up calls with entrepreneurs or assisting at events. We expect interns to commit to at least 6 months.
Upon successful completion of the internship, VentureCapital.org desires to refer interns to companies that are in need of their talents and service.
Education and Experience:
- At least junior standing in accredited undergraduate program
- All majors/degrees strongly encouraged – not just business focused
The investor liaison will achieve the following:
- Develop strategies to analyze and identify potential high growth businesses
- Develop basic Salesforce skills (CRM)
- Discover how to build an effective investor (and sales) presentation
- Further establish network with regional business elite
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.