VCO 101: Breaking down term sheets
June 9 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm MDT
This seminar will cover what are angel investors, venture capitalists, and family office investors. Sub-topics will include
- What is a convertible note, SAFE Agreement, and priced round? How do they work and how are they different?
- What is a term sheet?
- How is valuation calculated? What is the difference between premoney and postmoney valuation?
- What are economic deal terms compared to control terms?
- What is preferred equity and how does it compare to common equity?
- How do liquidity preferences work and how are is it triggered?
- What are stock options and warrant coverage?
- How do stock options/warrant coverage impact founder equity if executed/not executed?
- What is dilution? Why is it important? How do I calculate it?
4:10-5:00 Panel presentation and discussion
5:15-6:00 Networking & Food + Drinks
NewPattern Utah is a movement that seeks to promote and celebrate founders from various backgrounds in order to change the narrative that diverse founders can and do create successful companies. This movement also aims to advance the fact that companies that seek to serve the needs of a greater variety of people are tremendous opportunities for economic growth and investment.
The Utah Black Chamber of Commerce was created to build pathways for black Utahns and diverse implants alike to find ways to succeed in Utah. From the beginning, our vision has been to be the key resource center and knowledge share for corporate stakeholders both in Utah, and the Mountain West Region, and to actively promote the personal and professional growth of black Utahns. We want everyone to have the necessary tools, network and family system to experience a more fulfilling life within our communities.