- This event has passed.
Boise Breakfast Briefing – Securities Litigation
November 9, 2016 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am MST
Dealing with Activist and Unhappy Shareholders: What Directors and Officers Need to Know to Respond to Shareholder Demands and Derivative Lawsuits
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Continental breakfast will be provided.
class=”rubycontent-page-link rubycontent-page-1433″ href=”https://www.perkinscoie.com/en/offices/boise.html”>Perkins Coie
1111 West Jefferson Street
Boise, ID 83702
During a time of increased shareholder lawsuits and activism, it is critical for Company Directors and management to understand the types of demands and other challenges that can be made by shareholders. It is important to know how to effectively address these issues, as well as how to avoid them.
Join Perkins Coie partners, Todd Kerr (Securities and Corporate Governance Litigation, Phoenix), Michael Clyde (Securities and Corporate Governance Litigation, Palo Alto and Phoenix) and Pravin Rao (White Collar & Investigations, Chicago), as they address:
- Common issues raised by shareholders
- Different kinds of shareholder demands
- Best practices for responding to shareholder demands and avoiding shareholder litigation
- How a derivative lawsuit differs from other litigation
- Considerations for derivative litigation
- Indemnification claims and D&O insurance coverage
- Internal and government investigations
CLE credit offered. Total number of credits pending.